Just 5 more days until we can hug our loved ones!
Can you feel that excitement? England is one step closer to normality, the 21st of June is looking like a possibility for the UK. This week, Boris Johnson announced that people in England will be allowed to hug loved ones as indoor hospitality will make a return.
The PM also urged people to take this step with caution and common sense to the 3 simple steps of COVID, wear a mask, wash your hands, and keep a safe distance.
This is the next biggest step for England, as the key to unlocking society is moving, so what is changing on the 17TH of May?
- People can meet in groups of up to 30 outdoors.
- 6 people or 2 households can meet up indoors.
- Overnight stays will be allowed in groups of up to 6 people or 2 households.
- Cinemas, pubs, restaurants, and other hospitality venues can reopen indoors.
- Gym/sport classes can restart.
- Indoor entertainment can resume such as museums, theatres, bingo halls, sports stadiums (up to 10,000 people).
- Performances and large events can restart, with a limit on audience numbers.
- Outdoor entertainment can open.
- Hostels, Hotels and B&Bs will reopen.
- Holidays abroad to green list countries will be allowed: Portugal, Singapore, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, Brunei, Iceland, Gibraltar, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, South Georgia and the Sandwich Islands, St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, and Ascension Island.
- 30 people can attend weddings and more than 30 can attend funerals.
Project Start would like to report on even more positive COVID news, the PM said the latest data presented, showed hospitalisations and deaths had dropped to their lowest level since July of last year and this week and zero coronavirus deaths were announced in England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland while Wales reported 4 deaths.
As we stand today, more than two-thirds of adults across the UK have received a COVID vaccine and 18 million people have had their second dose.
Our COVID alert level will be lowered from a level 4 to 3 – YAY !!
Check out the Project Start countdown to normality roadmap here: https://www.projectstart.co.uk/the-countdown-to-normality-begins/
What are you looking forward to from May 17th?