Our client is a global facilities management and building services organisation, who has an ever expanding, very successful maintenance division. They have successfully been in business since 1985 and grown from strength to strength across the globe.
Due to continued success within a major blue-chip contract, they are now recruiting for an Area Maintenance Manager based in the Oxfordshire and Bucks area.
In return, our client is offering a total package of 51,000 salary DOE per annum + Work from Home + Travelling + company car / £5.7K car allowance + 10% annual bonus + uniform + health care + pension scheme + 33 days annual leave (including 8 bank holidays)
This Area Maintenance Manager (AMM) will lead the technical teams in the delivery of PPM and Reactive maintenance services.
This role will require you to manage your technicians and clients, ensuring good working relationships are maintained and built upon.
The AMM must ensure services are delivered in line with legislative and regulatory standards whilst meeting service level agreements.
In addition you will be required to complete a schedule of compliance audits in a timely fashion, taking corrective action as required whilst driving process and supporting the training of all direct reports.
- Represent the company in a professional manner developing a good working relationship with internal and external colleagues.
- Ensure that all sites are covered on a 365 24/7 basis to deliver both reactive and planned maintenance.
- Provide technical support and coaching to Area, Site & Maintenance Technicians.
- Ensure under performance against KPI’s is understood and action plans are in place to drive improvement.
- Ensuring all tools and equipment necessary are available to deliver both reactive and planned maintenance.
- Support the Divisional Operations Manager on all technical, people and FM process issues.
- Provide cover for Divisional Operations Manager during times of absence, holidays and meetings, if requested.
- Complete specified reports and compliance documentation resolving issues as and when they arise.
- Audit FM documentation and ensure action plans are in place for any non-compliance issues.
- Deal promptly with all Helpdesk calls and ensure that the issues are resolved effectively in line with SLA’s, escalating where necessary to the appropriate management level.
- Attend site project meetings where the site is under trial, renewal or remodel when appropriate, ensuring adequate support from other disciplines on specialist issues as required.
- Attend / hold meetings (in line with meeting schedule) with your line manager and direct reports to ensure effective cascade of all City communications, ways of working.
- Regularly communicate with the customer on all FM activity within agreed KPI’s.
- Compliance with all of City policies and procedures participate in the recruitment and selection process of Technician vacancies within your area.
- Comply with all health & safety legislation and Company processes at all times. Ensure you are up to date with any legislative changes that impact your role or team.
- Carry out any reasonable management request.
- Utilise CAFM and other systems as instructed
- Ensure that all jobs are logged and closed down, only when completed using the CAFM system.
- Review MI for your area ensuring delivery of key customer KPI’s
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Educated to GCSE / Standard Grade level as a minimum
- Recognised technical background with experience in hard FM
- Ideally NVQ Level 3/City and guilds 236 Part 1 + 2 or equivalent in electrical installation/Maintenance. Other qualifications of technical within HVAC refrigeration and plumbing qualifications would also be considered.
- Ideally membership CIBSE, BIFM or equivalent
- A working understanding of service and repair requirements for a wide range of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- A working knowledge of the maintenance service within the FM industry is essential, with previous working knowledge of a multi-client contracted environment being desirable; and PPM and compliance background
- Previous experience of effectively leading and managing a team is desirable
- Previous experience of developing client relationships at a stake holder level would be advantageous.
- Strong PC literacy, with experience in extracting, collating and presenting performance data along with previous experience of using a CAFM system.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent planning, organising, prioritisation and project management skills
- Strong results focus, takes accountability for own performance and that of the team
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making
- Highly flexible and self-starting.
- Experience in managing financial budgets
- Ability to climb ladders, work in confined spaces and carry out the requirements of the role.
For more information, please contact Angelica on (07931 961971) or apply with your current CV to prompt a call back.