Our client is a rapidly growing Asbestos Consultancy based in Southampton who are looking for a qualified Asbestos Surveyor/Analyst to join their growing team.
In recent years our client has become one of the leading asbestos consultancies in the South of the UK. Delivering the highest standards of asbestos surveys to Housing Associations, Local Authorities, Government Departments, The NHS, Major Constructions Companies and many other sectors.
The candidate must be hard-working and have ambition and enthusiasm to help deliver a first-class service to our ever-expanding client base as well as being eager and willing to develop new and existing skills.
The successful candidate will be mentored through an in-house training programme and will be trained and supported to comply with in house surveying procedures.
This position will allow the individual to work on a variety of different sites and in various locations across the South West. No two days will be the same as each working day will allow them to gain a diverse range of skills within the industry. The role is technical, physical, and hands-on.
- Air monitoring & Fibre Counting
- Undertaking visual inspections of asbestos enclosures and conducting 4-stage clearances
- Independent Supervision of asbestos removal work
- Reviewing and approving Contractors POW’s
- Undertaking of all asbestos survey types to Domestic, Commercial & Industrial properties & sites
- Capable of collecting site data using the industry’s leading Teams software system
- Technically knowledgeable and have a very good understanding of industry specific legislation
- Capable of undertaking independent audits of contractors’ asbestos removal/ remediation work
- Able to be client facing and represent the company in a professional manner
- Have the confidence and knowledge to answer technical queries and be able to offer clients and their representatives specialist consultancy advice
- BOHS P402, P403 & P404 qualified (or equivalent)
- At least 2 years’ experience
- Basic understanding of the building trade/ construction industry
- Good understanding of tablet-based applications such as the Teams software system or similar
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Enjoy networking and meeting new people
- Well-mannered with good verbal and written communication skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience working for a UKAS accredited company
- Enhanced DBS Check
- COCA qualified
- Health & Safety Qualifications e.g. – PASMA, IPAF, Confined Space Awareness, First Aid at Work
- £25k – £35k (DOE)
- Six monthly performance bonus
- Increased annual leave
- Performance & recognition rewards
- Health cashback scheme
- Industry leading training opportunities and encouragement to learn on the job and gain further qualifications
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events
Please call Harry on 07951 950290 to discuss the position or email your CV to prompt a call back.