The Projects Coordinator plays a crucial role in assisting our clients office supplies and furniture business across various core projects. They are responsible for managing the entire project lifecycle, from pre-tender activities to final cost approval and sign-off. Attention to detail and coordination skills will contribute to the successful execution of all projects. The role will be based in Rotherham.
- Reviewing ITT documentation and discussing it with Furniture Specialist and Tender Writer to ensure clear understanding of responsibilities and deadlines.
- Organising design drawings when necessary.
- Pricing tender documents.
- Ensuring products submitted in tenders or major projects comply with relevant BS EN certifications and accreditations.
- Creating data sheets for products, including dimensions, detailed descriptions, and accreditations.
- Developing a Program of Works Timeline for Fit out and Furniture using Microsoft Project, incorporating construction plans, scope of works, detailed project plans, and a risk register.
- Collaborating closely with Furniture Specialist and Tender Writer to ensure attention to detail and accurate responses to quoted items.
- Participating in design discussions with clients and furniture specialists.
- Marking up drawings for amendment by external CAD designers or furniture specialists.
- Occasionally reviewing drawings to assess fit or share ideas with CAD designers.
- Sourcing products for design plans.
- Pricing products based on design plans, even without a full brief from furniture specialists.
- Preparing quotes using Excel or Horizon software, including product images.
- Organising mood boards for colour sign-off when necessary.
- Engaging in discussions with customers and furniture specialists regarding colour finishes.
- Verifying quantities and ensuring comprehensive sign-off on plans before ordering.
- Raising all orders with furniture suppliers.
- Verifying the accuracy of order acknowledgments and delivery dates.
- Addressing any queries directly with the client, resolving them without involving the furniture specialist unless necessary.
- Coordinating deliveries directly to the site and warehouse.
- Organising delivery dates and times in line with the project installation schedule.
- Coordinating pre-installation checklists and risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) with the Installation Manager or Project Manager.
- Ensuring installation teams possess the necessary qualifications and resources, coordinating with the Installation Manager and Project Manager.
- Revising the Program of Works, including any changes to the construction plan.
- Supporting the Project Manager to ensure smooth site operations and proper resource allocation.
- Managing sites remotely when the Project Manager is unavailable, overseeing fitters and contractors.
- Ensuring timely delivery of promised items and coordinating with suppliers to address any delays or issues.
- Handling on-site issues such as damaged items, coordinating replacements with suppliers and keeping the customer informed of delivery times.
- Ensuring all snagging on projects is completed to a high standard.
- Creating a snag list, documenting reported items, dates, and projected resolution dates, and communicating this information to the client.
- Acting as a liaison with suppliers to resolve issues like manufacturing delays, incorrect products, or damages.
- Communicating promptly with clients and keeping the Installation Manager or Project Manager informed of the situation.
- Producing Operation and Maintenance Manuals as required by the contract.
- Preparing applications for payments/invoices throughout the project, obtaining necessary sign-offs from clients or quantity surveyors.
- Routing general inquiries to the appropriate administrative team based on the customer.
- Personally handling or assisting with general inquiries for specific accounts from initial inquiry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects on time, within budget, and meeting quality standards
- Strong leadership skills and ability to inspire and motivate project teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Proficiency in project management tools and software (e.g., Microsoft Project, JIRA)
- Sound knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices
- Experience in risk management, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, clients, and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing project requirements and prioritise tasks accordingly
The salary offered will depend on previous experience, the role is offering a range of 28-32k.
The schedule for this role is Monday to Friday.
Please call Sharon on 07973 435310 or send your CV firstname.lastname@example.org to prompt a call-back