Our client is a well-established building services organisation founded in 1979 who has a very successful surveying division.
They have a proven track record of delivering successful solutions to commercial and domestic clients, offering highly qualified Engineers and Technicians to provide expertise and experience across the full range of disciplines including local authorities, social landlords, NHS trusts and private sector.
They are now in need of an experienced Commercial Gas Engineer to join their friendly and busy team.
To carry out servicing and remedial repairs to commercial heating boilers within occupied and void buildings to meet the requirement and expectations of the client in a timely fashion and in compliance with current gas legislation.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- To have detailed knowledge and experience of commercial boilers, associated plant and equipment to manufacturer’s installation, servicing requirements and instructions
- To be proficient in carrying out full commissioning of gas heating boilers and associated controls on completion of installation, reactive or servicing works
- To be able to demonstrate and have a good general fault finding/diagnostic skill and the ability to carry out necessary repairs/replacement of defective parts etc. for both commercial heating and hot water systems.
- To be competent of draining down and re-filling of heating system/s in order to remove and replace defective/leaking plant and associated equipment.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with the relevant sections of the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’ (risk assessment, asbestos awareness etc.)
- To carry out on a rota basis (if required) out-of-hours emergency call outs
- Any other duties as reasonably requested
- Current/Valid Commercial Gas Qualifications – COCN1 or CODNCO1, CIGA1, CDGA1, CORT1, ICPN1 TPCP1A
- A relevant City and Guilds Level 3 Qualification
- Full UK Driving licence
The ideal candidate will
- Have good practical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of commercial boilers, plant and associated controls
- Have experience working on HIU’S, not essential
- Have Domestic ACS qualifications, not essential
- Be self-motivated
- Have asbestos awareness
- Have knowledge of the Risk Assessment process
- Be a team player
In return our client is offering a salary between £45K to £49K per annum (depending on experience) based on a 45 hour week + company van, mobile phone, staff discount & benefits package.
Please apply with your current CV or call Ed on 07592 912021 to discuss further.