Commercial Heating Installer
£38000 - £45000 Per Annum
Our client is a well-established building services organisation who has a very successful commercial gas division. They have a proven track record of delivering successful mechanical, electrical and security solutions to our commercial and domestic clients, offering highly qualified engineers and technicians to provide expertise and experience across the full range of disciplines including local authorities, social landlords, NHS trusts and private sector.
They are currently looking for a Commercial Heating Installer to work on a mobile basis covering the Hertfordshire and London area.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To have knowledge and experience in the installation of commercial boiler rooms, this will include installing boilers, pumps and mild steel screwed pipework
- To have experience in fitting copper and stainless-steel press-fit pipe and fittings from 15mm – 108mm
- To have experience in installing mild steel screwed pipework and fittings from 20mm – 65mm
- To be able to understand pipework schematic drawings and follow to install as per the drawings when these are available
- To have the knowledge and knowhow to complete medium sized boiler room and heating / hot water installations without the assistance of any pipework drawings
- To be able to hang / install various different styles of radiators and fan convectors including low surface temperature types.
- To have previous experience of working in schools and to be aware of associated risks with working in educational premises
- To be competent of draining down and re-filling of heating system/s in order to remove and replace leaking pipework and associated isolation valves
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with the relevant sections of the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’ (risk assessment, asbestos awareness etc.)
- Any other duties as reasonably requested
The ideal candidate will
- Have good practical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of commercial heating installations and hot and cold-water services
- Have experience working in commercial buildings and educational establishments.
- Have asbestos awareness
- Have a flexible approach to work, when working in schools and commercial buildings as you may be required to work outside the school / office operation hours for evenings and weekends, this will be paid at overtime rates
- Have knowledge of the risk assessment process
- A relevant City and Guilds Level 2 or 3 Qualification
- Have domestic and/ or commercial ACS qualifications, not essential
- Full UK Driving licence
- 21 days holiday increasing by 1 day every 2 years’ service up to a maximum of 25 days, plus statutory days
- Pension scheme – Auto enrolment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life insurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Company Van, Mobile Phone and Uniform provided