Our client is a well-established building services organisation who has a very successful surveying division.
They have a proven track record of delivering successful solutions to commercial and domestic clients, offering highly qualified Engineers and Technicians to provide expertise and experience across the full range of disciplines including local authorities, social landlords, NHS trusts and private sector.
They are now in need of an experienced Domestic Installation Engineer join the team.
- To carry out installations works including: full systems, boiler replacements, upgrades and conversions, including cylinders, radiator changes and upgrades of controls, i.e 2 port and 3 port valves, pumps, all associated pipework and power flushing and gas reruns, this also includes all fluing and ventilation requirements and any wet works.
- Duties may also include attending to any leaks, gas or water within occupied and unoccupied properties.
- To be competent of draining down and re-filling of heating system/s in order to remove and replace defective/leaking radiators or associated isolation valves etc.
- To complete all documentation. CP12 CP4, CP14, Benchmark and any other paperwork deeded necessary.
- To meet the requirement and expectations of the Client or his/her representative in accordance with the Clients detailed specification, in a timely fashion, in compliance with current legislation and to improve the customer experience.
- To risk assess work/working environments before starting any works to avoid damages and any injuries.
- To ensure the correct uniform and PPE are worn when representing the company.
- To attend all calls allocated to you inside target times, any delays are to be reported to your line manager or supervisor in a timely fashion.
- To identify materials and any parts required to carry out your duties.
- Accurately log work and report on hand held device.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
- To have a detailed knowledge and experience of installing boilers, flues, heating and plumbing installations.
- To be able to demonstrate and have a good fault finding/diagnostic skill.
- To be competent of draining down and re-filling of heating system/s in order to remove and replace any defective items identified from survey.
- Help meet any budget restraints.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with the relevant sections of the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’ (risk assessment, asbestos awareness etc.)
- Any other duties as reasonably requested.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have good practical skills and problem-solving skills
- A proven track record in boiler installation type works
- Have the ability to work carefully, methodically and safely
- Be able to work with minimal supervision as the majority of work is carried out in a lone working environment
- Have good communication skills both written and spoken
- Be a good team player
- Have good customer care skills
- Have a valid CSCS card
- Be asbestos aware
- Be recognised and trained to work with vulnerable persons
- Have knowledge of the risk assessment process
- Be willing to work in confined spaces and at height
- Due to the specific client contract, candidates must be located or willing to travel to the following locations: EN, N, NW, E, SG, W, AL, MK, RG, HP, SL and some home counties. This is not a definitive list. You may be asked to work in other areas as business dictates
- Will be Gas Safe registered
- Must hold relevant plumbing qualifications
- Full UK Driving Licence
- G3 Unvented
In return our client is offering a salary of £37K to £42k per annum (depending on experience) based on a 45 hour week + company van & benefits package.
Please apply with your current CV or call Ed on 07592 912021 to discuss further.