Our client is a well-established building services organisation who has a very successful commercial gas division. They have a proven track record of delivering successful mechanical, electrical and security solutions to our commercial and domestic clients, offering highly qualified engineers and technicians to provide expertise and experience across the full range of disciplines including local authorities, social landlords, NHS trusts and private sector.
They are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to work in and around West London.
You will be required to carry out reactive and responsive repairs and project & upgrade electrical installations ensuring that all works are carried out in accordance with the IET Regulations, ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’ To carry out Electrical Installation Testing to Domestic and Commercial Properties to Industry Standard. To assist with our out of hours emergency delivery of the contract on a standby callout rota basis
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- EICR Inspections and Reporting via Electronic devices.
- Carry out Domestic & Commercial Electrical Installations
- Fault Diagnostics and Repairs.
- Electrical Testing and Inspections & Thermal Image Surveying
- Carrying out responsive, reactive and emergency electrical repairs
- Working and assisting on small project and installation works
- To ensure that all aspects of electrical works including test and inspections compliance checks are carried out in accordance with current British Standards
- To report on a daily basis to supervisor/manager on the status of all works within the Department and advise in good time, problems of time-scale or resources.
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act
- Assist with emergency call out as part of a rota
The Ideal Candidate Will
- Have good practical skills and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to follow technical drawings, building plans and wiring diagrams
- Have the ability to work carefully, methodically and safely
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Have experience of EICR inspections
- Have experience of electrical fault diagnostics and installation works
- Have Knowledge of IEE Regulations
- Be recognised and trained to work with vulnerable persons
- Have asbestos awareness
- Have knowledge of the risk assessment process
- Be able to work as part of a team and individually
- Have the ability to be flexible and adaptable as required
- City and Guilds 2360-1 or AM2 Level 3 Standard
- City and guilds 2394/2395 or 2391
- Full UK Driving licence
- 18th Edition qualified
Working for Us
- 21 days holiday increasing by 1 day every 2 years’ service up to a maximum of 25 days, plus statutory days
- Pension scheme – Auto enrolment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life insurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Company Van, Mobile Phone & Uniform provided
For more information contact Nikki on 07951950291 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to prompt a call back.