Electrical Estimator / Bid Engineer
£40000 - £50000 per Annum
Our client are a high voltage engineering company specialising in electrical power infrastructure, grid connections and renewable energy generation. Due to continued growth and success within these sectors, they are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Estimator/Bid Engineer to join the team in the Yate office.
As part of the team you will manage tender enquiries generated from the Sales Team, take tender enquiries from tender qualification, quotation build-up, bid submission through to contract award including supplier identification, value proposition and commercial considerations. Reporting to the Head of Department, the successful applicant will have a pivotal role in the company’s contract awards.
- Responsible for commercial success, technical correctness, and successful return of tender submissions.
- Manage tender enquires, qualifying requirements of the tender, identifying equipment specification and suppliers.
- Carry out site surveys, attend pre-tender, post tender and pre-order meetings. Develop strong understanding of the requirements.
- Set out and build-up of quotations.
- Engage with sub-contractors and suppliers for best prices.
- Prepare bid for client submission, including all bid documentation.
- Meet client tender response timeframes.
- Attend and/or lead post tender interviews.
- Hand-over contract awards to Project Team.
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in engineering tender/bid submissions an advantage but not necessary.
- Minimum of NVQ level 3 in electrical engineering or similar discipline.
- Have a good technical knowledge and be able to apply this in a practical way.
- Flexible and organised to manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Competent in interpretation of specifications and drawings.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of High Voltage systems would be an advantage but not necessary.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary – £40K / £50K DOE/Qualifications.
- Pension contribution.
- Private health insurance.
- Company car or car allowance scheme.
If you have the aforementioned skills and experience, please call Dan Harvey on 07948 889444 for more details or apply with you current CV to prompt a call back.