Our client is a nationwide giant in the construction and facilities management industry. Founded in 1996, our client has expanded and gained several blue-chip contracts due to their reputation. Due to continued success on these already existing contracts, they are looking to recruit for an Estimator to join our fit-out project team based in Bristol.
The role is working on a variety of projects focusing mainly on pub chains, but also supporting other commercial properties including vets and large retail warehouses. The successful candidate will find themselves working on a project that lasts a week and much larger £1m projects. Where no two days are the same, we’re looking for someone who wants to get involved and learn from the team. The role will mainly be office based with occasional site visits.
- Review and understand incoming briefs and enquiries from clients.
- Liaise with clients to understand project specific information.
- Accurately measure and complete quantity take-offs.
- Request and evaluate sub-contractors’ quotations.
- Compile cost documents to return to the client.
- Work with Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers to review and refine estimates.
- Assist in the preparation of bid packages and submission documents.
- Maintain accurate records relating to estimates.
- Track expenditure on live construction projects and report cost updates to the team.
- Place and release purchase orders when projects go live.
- Support the wider team with submitting variations and valuations.
- Work with the project co-ordinator to ensure the smooth running of projects.
If you’re interested in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Excellent attention to detail especially when working with costs and numbers.
- Good communication skills both written, over the phone and in person.
- A good understanding of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- An ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivation to be a team player.
You will ideally have:
- Experience working as an estimator or another similar role.
- Experience working within the UK construction industry.
- Completed or working towards a Quantity Surveying or Construction Management qualification.
In return, my client is looking to offer a competitive salary of £32.5K including the following benefits:
- Excellent progression, training, and development opportunities
- 20 days Holiday + Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- & Much more
For more information, please contact Ed on 07592 912021 or apply with your current CV to prompt a call back.