Project Start Recruitment are delighted to be working with a UK’s leading provider of business supplies and services. Due to their workload and expansion they are looking for Field Service Engineer to join their ever-growing team to work on various sites throughout the UK.
The role shall focus on effective repairs, servicing, preventative maintenance and satisfactory customer communication. The incumbent will need to be able to work on a broad range of manufacturers Printers, MFP’s and Photocopiers. The successful applicant will be working in a specific area covering our customer base and will be expected to be flexible and self-motivated.
Applicants will need to have a good mechanical and electronic knowledge and be able to work unsupervised. Able to install devices for Clients and possess knowledge of connectivity and trouble-shooting. You will know how to navigate service manuals and be able to think on your feet whilst working in a professional manner. You will need to ensure that calls are responded to and faults rectified in an efficient manner within given SLA’s.
- To attend customer sites in order to repair a broad range of manufacturers printers, MFP’s, photocopiers and hardware, as directed to the highest level of customer service.
- To work to achieve SLA and optimised routing for field based activities.
- To return parts and swap outs/loans to the workshop in a timely manner along with relevant paperwork.
- To advise the Call Centre of any existing or potential service related problems to prevent customer dissatisfaction.
- A working knowledge and understanding of the operation of Band, Laser, Shuttle and Dot Matrix printers and others.
- A knowledge of hardware and software.
- A knowledge of printer and other peripheral technology
- Electronic and electrical engineering
- An understanding of the service industry relating to call management.
- Proven fault-finding / diagnosis experience on a wide range of hardware and software
- Experience in the support of printers, plotters and scanners
- Strong interpersonal skills Strong team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible working style.
- Current driving license
- P.C. operations systems and networking.
- A detailed knowledge of a wide variety of systems.
- Engineering experience..
- Customer care experience within an I.T environment.
- Experience with peripherals.
- Experience of optical storage system.
- Administration skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Communicating at IT management level.
- Formal I.T qualifications i.e., HND, ONC, computer studies or equivalent.
Hours: 40 hours a week.
There will be a requirement for some OOH rota work.
If the role is of interest, feel free to get in touch with Casey on 07943 987488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org