Established in 1982 and with 40 years of experience, our M&E building services client has built an unrivalled reputation for delivering a professional, reliable and friendly service to property owners and large commercial clients across Wiltshire and the surrounding counties.
Due to their success, they are now recruiting for a Fire & Alarm Service Engineer to join their team.
The main objective is to carry out systems maintenance, fault finding, servicing and repair of various fire detection and alarm systems, along with other associated systems. Ensuring up to date knowledge of and compliance with current regulations.
- Routine servicing of fire detection and alarm systems, including emergency lighting
- Attending reactive callouts for system breakdowns
- Work with the Contract Managers and administration team to ensure your time is managed efficiently and jobs are prioritised appropriately
- Support customers and wider company operations, sales, administration and operations where required
- Provide supervisory and technical support to colleagues and communicate with staff at all levels
- Ensure the guidelines and standards of work expected are understood and adhered to
- Ensure that follow up work requirements are referred to the appropriate person to enable necessary action and recommendations to clients
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner, consistent with client and company expectations
- Set a good example to colleagues by observing and adhering to all company rules and regulations, complying with all site regulations and safeguarding of company property
- Complete all necessary company documentation punctually and in accordance with guidelines or schedules issued
- Attend all training courses and meetings as required and oversee development of colleagues where required
- Observe and adhere to company Health and Safety guidelines and contribute to a Health and Safety working environment
- All other engineering and servicing related duties as determined reasonable by a manager for the needs of the business
- Any additional capabilities relating to fire extinguishers, fire detection, intruder alarms, CCTV, access control, intercom and Nurse Call equipment would be advantageous. Training and development can be offered in these areas
- Good working knowledge of various fire detection and alarm systems
- Specific product knowledge of the following manufacturers is desired; Advanced Electronics, HAES, Hochiki, Apollo
- A proven ability to trouble shoot, identify and suggest appropriate course of action, specifically related to issues and maintenance related to fire detection and alarm systems
- Proven experience working in domestic and commercial environments
- Valid full UK driving licence
- Basic hand tools
- Hardworking, flexible, and a positive attitude
- Adaptable, comfortable problem solving autonomously
- Respect for health and safety of both themselves, their colleagues, and the customer
In return, they are offering a competitive package of up to £35K + (OTE £10K), company van, mobile phone, enrolment into pension scheme and much more.
Please apply with a copy of your current CV to prompt a call back or contact Goitom on 07903686255/ firstname.lastname@example.org to prompt a call back.