Established in 1982 and with 40 years of experience, our M&E building services client has built an unrivalled reputation for delivering a professional, reliable and friendly service to property owners and large commercial clients across Wiltshire and the surrounding counties.
Due to their success, they are now recruiting for a Fire & Security Systems Installation Engineer to join their team.
The main responsibilities is to install, program, maintain, service and repair various fire detection and alarm systems, along with other associated systems. Ensuring up to date knowledge of and compliance with current regulations.
- Installation of fire detection and security alarm systems, including emergency lighting, remote monitoring, intruder alarms, access controls, intercoms and nurse call systems
- To maintain and provide ongoing reactive maintenance
- Closely work with the Contract Managers to ensure all works are completed and rescheduled where required
- Support customers and wider company operations, sales, administration and operations where required
- Provide supervisory and technical support to colleagues and communicate with staff at all levels
- Ensure the guidelines and standards of work expected are understood and adhered to
- Ensure that follow up work requirements are referred to the appropriate person to enable necessary action and recommendations to clients Revision Date 30/06/2023
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner, consistent with client and company expectations
- Set a good example to colleagues by observing and adhering to all company rules and regulations, complying with all site regulations and safeguarding of company property
- Complete all necessary company documentation punctually and in accordance with guidelines or schedules issued
- Attend all training courses and meetings as required and oversee development of colleagues where required
- Observe and adhere to company Health and Safety guidelines and contribute to a Health and Safety working environment
- All other engineering and servicing related duties as determined reasonable by a manager for the needs of the business
- Any additional capabilities or basic programming knowledge relating to any of the above systems would be advantageous. Training and development can be offered in these areas
- Specific product knowledge of some or all the following manufacturers is desired: –
- Advanced Electronics – HAES – Kentec – Gent – Hochiki – Apollo – Vesda – Airsense – Honeywell – Paxton – Control Soft – Videcon – Hikvision
- A proven ability to trouble shoot, identify and suggest appropriate course of action, specifically related to issues and maintenance related to fire detection and alarm systems
- Proven experience working in domestic and commercial environments Revision Date 30/06/2023
- City and Guilds 236 parts 1&2 electrical installation would be advantageous, or time served equivalent
- 17th or 18th Edition Electrical qualification would be desirable but not essential
- Clean, valid driving licence
- Basic hand tools
- Hardworking, flexible, and a positive attitude
- Adaptable, comfortable problem solving autonomously, and not having a daily routine
- Respect for health and safety of both themselves, their colleagues, and the customer
In return, they are offering a competitive package of up to £35K, company van, mobile phone, enrolment into pension scheme and much more.
Please apply with a copy of your current CV to prompt a call back or contact Ed on 07592 912021/ email@example.com to prompt a call back.