Our large FM client are one of the UK’s in providing commercial FM services. Due to their ever-growing supermarket retail contract division, they are looking for a new Mechanical Manager in the NW of England to manage a team of Commercial Gas Engineers.
The ideal candidate will have experience of implementing new ways of working by delivering consistent services, functions and information to their service users and client partners.
You will oversee the delivery of planned and reactive mechanical and commercial gas works, throughout the NW and NE of England, so you can be based anywhere between Manchester and Newcastle.
Here are the key accountabilities of the role:
- Ensure the asset base is accurate and maintained in suitable format for their internal Facilities Management system;
- Ensure the delivery of planned preventative maintenance works;
- Assist with the preparation of quotes and estimates for remedial and small project works;
- Review opportunities to improve cost base and supply chain;
- Audit processes to ensure consistency and application of best practice for the safe and effective delivery of services;
- Management of reactive maintenance delivery and extra works;
- Review Engineers Commercial Gas certificates.
- Establish best value management techniques within the contract.
- Ensure subcontractors are appropriately supervised and comply with contractual commitments and site operating processes;
- Oversee the delivery of the planned maintenance and life-cycle programmes; Gas, L8s and HVAC
- The management, development and motivation of their team of direct reports including the assessment and monitoring of job performance and where necessary, facilitating the company disciplinary and/or grievance procedure in conjunction with the Human Resources department.
- Attend training courses as and where necessary to ensure personal job skills keep pace with technical developments.
Ideal Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- An NVQ Level 3 in Heating & Ventilation Installation (or equivalent);
- Commercial Gas Qualifications – COCN1, TPCPN1 & 1A, CIGA, CORT, CENWAT, ICPN
- City & Guilds 2079 – F Gas
- ECS Grade card (Project Manager) & SMSTS;
- Strong technical understanding with previous experience working across multiple sites;
- Experience of service delivery in high profile retail environments;
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to manage and prioritise a demanding and varying workload;
- Excellent communication skills and able to develop and maintain working relationships with clients;
- Self-motivated, able to work individually or as part of a team;
- Proficient with MS Office, preferably with knowledge of FM software;
A Full Driving Licence and a high degree of mobility to travel throughout the area is required.
In return our client is offering a salary of £45,000 per annum + Company Vehicle or car allowance to the value of £5,70), company pension scheme, BUPA (single cover) + other company benefits.
Please Clare Golding on 07799 886594 for a discussion or email your CV to prompt a call back.