Our client is a global facilities management and building services organisation, who has an ever expanding, very successful Pest Control division.
Due to continued success within a blue-chip contract, they are now recruiting for an Pest Control Technician covering sites in Birmingham, Coventry and Leicester on a mobile basis!
Control all pest species covered under our contract, the specification and by thorough inspection, identify any environmental conditions conducive to any pest activity whether covered by the contract or not.
Undertake various proofing works, manage large proofing projects, and undertake detailed audits on request. This requires visiting stores, depots and outlet sites at the agreed intervals governed by the Specification Service Delivery
All works and inspections must be carried out in a safe and professional manner with due regard to Health and Safety and Hygiene rules. This would involve providing an effective service to all sites to effectively communicate observations verbally as well as in writing via the reports.
- Take “ownership” of other pest related issues, i.e. cleaning / proofing, to resolve ongoing problems
- Formulate detailed reports on any red stores escalating issues to the City Operations Managers and National Technical Inspection Manager
- Complete Quality Review visits (QR’s) to ensure standards are being met within stores and depots and that all necessary paperwork and detailed reports are completed accurately and all Pest Control Folders are presentable and current.
- Use only approved pesticides in a safe and responsible manner as specified under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- To identify infestation non-repairable faults in plant and machinery
- To carry out proofing works and installations within the individual’s technical competence in accordance with current specifications.
- To complete general pest proofing and maintenance to the individual stores.
- To oversee and manage any pest proofing works that are requiring a sub-contractor to implement and install.
- Carry out by Pest Proofing and prevent and/or control pest infestation at allocated Stores and Distribution centres.
- Complete reports and communicate on a daily basis with store colleagues and National Technical Inspection Manager.
- To advise the SM of any pest activity and how this may be detrimental to the smooth running of the store.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Field Biologist Qualified
- Royal Society of Health Cert in Pest Control or British Pest Control Association Diploma’s Part 1 and 2.
- Royal Society of Health Cert in Pest Control or British Pest Control Association Diploma’s Level 3 (desirable)
- Bird proofing work is desirable.
- Fumigation services is desirable.
- General building / fabrication skills is desirable.
- Experience in retail, leisure or FM sector is desirable.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
If this is of interest please apply with a copy of your current CV, or call Chloe Villis on 07908 811303 to discuss in depth.