Location: Bridgwater, Somerset
Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm
My client are part of a market leading international Engineering Group that work within the Aerospace and Defence industry specialising in high performance thermoplastics. Due to expansion, they are now looking for a QSHE Manager to join and lead a team of 6.
You will be responsible for ensuring the company obeys with all legal and moral responsibilities with respect to quality, health, safety and environmental management through keeping up to date with legislation, conducting regular audits / inspections of the company and applying actions when necessary. The QHSE manager role is accountable for ensuring that the company’s AS9100 revision D compliant business management systems quality, health and safety, and environmental policies are sustained and complied with and that all employees within the company are aware of them and their own responsibilities relating to them.
Additionally, the QHSE manager is the key customer facing contact for all quality matters and is responsible for building and maintaining professional customer relationships when addressing customer quality concerns.
As the QHSE manager, you will report directly to the Head of Operations and will be responsible for management and audit of the quality division and business management system along with health safety and environmental policies and procedures as defined by the group. The role will be responsible for working proactively across all areas of the business from production, sales and finance to human resources establishing and maintaining a program of compliance alongside promoting a culture of team working, continual improvement and long term strategic thinking.
The role is customer facing and the key contact point for customer quality matters. The role holder is responsible for building and maintaining professional customer relationships when addressing customer quality concerns.
The role will involve team working and cooperating with other managers and departments within the business and across the group to lead and assist with the development, implementation, monitoring and reviewing the company’s quality and health safety and environmental strategies, policies, procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices.
• Extensive knowledge and proven experience of managing business management system compliance within a fast paced AS9100 aerospace environment.
• A knowledge of health & safety practices and the importance of their correct implementation in a manufacturing environment.
• Proven ability to write and implement policies and procedures.
• A knowledge of, and experience of quality tools including SPC Charts, Check-sheets, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Histograms, Pareto Charts, Scatter Diagrams and Flow Charts, PFMEA, PPAP, 8D, Lean Manufacturing. Six Sigma knowledge would be desirable.
• Demonstrable record of upholding and sustaining compliance of policies, procedures and a business management system in general.
• NEBOSH Diploma/Certificate in Health and Safety. Training for this qualification could be provided for the right candidate.
• Quality Management qualifications would be an advantage but experience of working in a quality engineering/managerial position is essential.
• Full UK driving license is essential in this customer facing role
My client are offering a very competitive salary along with some very attractive company benefits.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01454 529009/07498 889444