Our client is a well-established building services organisation founded in 1979 who has a very successful surveying division.
They have a proven track record of delivering successful solutions to commercial and domestic clients, offering highly qualified Engineers and Technicians to provide expertise and experience across the full range of disciplines including local authorities, social landlords, NHS trusts and private sector.
They are now in need of a Renewable Heating Engineer to join their friendly and busy team.
To carry out servicing, remedial repairs and installations of Air Source Heat Pumps, Solar Thermal with unvented cylinders within occupied and unoccupied properties. To meet the requirement and expectations of the Client or his/her representative in accordance with the Clients detailed specification, in a timely fashion and in compliance with current gas legislation.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- To have a detailed knowledge and experience of main boiler manufacturer installation and servicing requirements and instructions
- To be proficient in carrying out full commissioning of gas heating boilers and associated controls on completion of installation or servicing works
- Capable of quickly developing the above skills into the application of work on the heat pumps and thermal installations.
- To be able to demonstrate and have a good fault finding/diagnostic skill and to carry out necessary repairs/replacement of defective parts etc.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with the relevant sections of the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’ (risk assessment, asbestos awareness etc.)
- To take part in ‘out-of-hours’ emergency call out on a rota basis
- Any other duties as reasonably requested
The Ideal Candidate Will
- Have good practical skills and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to work carefully, methodically and safely
- Be able to work with minimal supervision as the majority of work is carried out in a lone working environment
- Have good communication skills both written and spoken
- Be a good team player
- Have good customer care skills
- Have a valid CSCS card
- Have experience of boiler fluing arrangements, encompassing building fabric or materials used that may have to be penetrated
- Be asbestos aware
- Be recognised and trained to work with vulnerable persons
- Have knowledge of the risk assessment process
- Be willing to work in confined spaces and at height
- Good Breakdown knowledge
- Be able to cover callout on a Rota basis
- Live within Hertfordshire Preferably
- Must hold current ACS qualifications (CCN1, CENWAT, CPA1, CKR1, HTR1)
- Full UK Driving Licence
In return our client is offering a salary between £43K to £45K per annum (depending on experience) based on a 42.5 hour week + company van, mobile phone, 29 days holiday (inc BH), pension scheme, life insurance, staff discount & benefits package.
Please apply with your current CV or call Ed on 07592 912021 to discuss further.