Established in 1982 and with 40 years of experience, our M&E building services client has built an unrivalled reputation for delivering a professional, reliable and friendly service to property owners and large commercial clients across Wiltshire and the surrounding counties.
Due to their success, they are now recruiting for a Senior Security Alarm Systems Engineer to join their team.
The main objective is to install, program, maintain, service, fault find and repair various fire detection and alarm systems, along with other associated systems. Ensuring up to date knowledge of and compliance with current regulations.
- Routine and reactive servicing, programming and commissioning of intruder alarm, CCTV, access control, intercom and remote monitoring systems
- To maintain and provide ongoing reactive maintenance
- Closely working with the Contracts Managers for ensuring all works are completed and rescheduled if needed
- To support customers and wider company operations; sales, admin and operations when required
- To provide supervisory and technical support to colleagues and communicate with staff at all levels
- To ensure that the guidelines and standards of work expected are understood and adhered to
- To ensure that follow up work requirements are referred to the appropriate person to enable necessary action and recommendations to clients
- To maintain a professional appearance and manner always, consistent with client and company expectations Revision Date: 30/06/2023
- To set a good example to colleagues by observing and adhering to all company rules and regulations, complying with all site regulations, and safeguarding Company property
- To complete all necessary Company documentation punctually and in accordance with guidelines or schedules issued
- Attend all training courses and meetings as required and oversee development of colleagues when required
- Observe and adhere to company health and safety guidelines and contribute to a health and safety working environment
- All other engineering and servicing related duties as determined reasonable by the needs of the business.
- Knowledge of nurse call systems
- Any additional capabilities relating to Emergency Lighting or Fire Detection & Alarm Systems would be advantageous as would a C&G Level 3 Electrical Qualification, but is not essential. Training and development can be offered in these areas
- Specific Product knowledge of some or all of the following manufacturers is desired; – Honeywell – Paxton – Control Soft – Videcon – Hikvision
- A proven ability to trouble shoot, identify and suggest appropriate courses of action, specifically related to issues and maintenance related to fire detection and alarm systems
- Proven experience working in domestic and commercial environments
- City and Guilds 236 parts 1&2 electrical installation would be advantageous, or time served equivalent
- 17th or 18th Edition Electrical qualification would be desirable but not essential
- Clean, valid driving license
- Basic hand tools
- Hardworking, flexible, and a positive attitude Revision Date: 30/06/2023
- Adaptable, comfortable problem solving autonomously, and not having a daily routine
- Respect for health and safety of both themselves, their colleagues, and the customer
In return, they are offering a competitive package of up to £38K + (OTE 10K), company van, mobile phone, enrolment into pension scheme and much more.
Please apply with a copy of your current CV to prompt a call back or contact Goitom on email@example.com to prompt a call back.