Our client is a global facilities management and building services organisation, who has an ever expanding, very successful Electrical division.
Due to a recent contract win, with a major UK retail client, they are now recruiting for a Static Maintenance Technician covering a distribution site based in Hatfield..
- This is a key position, carrying out planned and reactive maintenance across a number of site locations.
- You will be the first line in all maintenance issues throughout your allocated sites. You may be required to request specialist attendance following initial call out
- The purpose of this role is to carry out technical repairs and PPM’s. You will ensure that all technical and compliance paperwork is completed and up to date at all times.
- All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with all Health and Safety legislation.
- Complete the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately.
- Respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary.
- Prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times.
- Deliver reactive and planned fire alarm system maintenance
- Conduct emergency lighting tests and repair
- Ensure that compliance documentation is completed and up to date at all times
- Carry out surveys and complete reports as required
- Carry out minor alterations and installations within the individual’s technical competence in accordance with current specifications.
- Complete general repairs and maintenance to customer sites as designated
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Educated to GCSE / Standard Grade level as a minimum, ideally NVQ Level 3/City and guilds 236 Part 1 + 2 or equivalent in electrical installation/Maintenance.
- City and Guilds 2382 17th Edition or 18th edition (new).
- 3 phase electrics and its applications
- Ability to maintain and repair a wide range of electrical and mechanical equipment, e.g. commercial ovens, dishwashers and microwaves
- Quality of repairs and maintenance
- Speed and efficiency of work
- Response to service call requests within agreed response times
- Achievement of PPM schedule within agreed timescales
- Maintenance of the Health and Safety policy
- Client and City colleague relationships and feedback
40 hours / week, Monday – Friday
You will be part of a call out team. To ensure 24/7 cover.
Our client is offering the following package: – £31,851 = 11% London waiting allowance (£3503)
On call allowance £2642 per year
Total package £ 37, 996