Software Analysis Consultant
£35000 - £50000 Per Annum
My client is a nationwide leading technical engineering consultancy and are currently looking for an Analysis Software Engineer to join their Burton on Trent offices.
In this position you will contribute technical analysis and / or lead the software engineering of the desktop analysis tools. This could also be web connected. You will also be able to sit with clients and subject matter experts in a variety of different technical areas and be responsible for turning ideas and models into deliverable software tools. It will also likely involve developing new architectures and improving the performance of algorithms.
Previous experience may include:
- Being able to develop models of real-world systems to understand or improve their performance.
- Delivering tools using a relevant approach, which could include:
- Using Matlab, R, Python or similar to formulate new analysis approaches.
- Developing and maintaining native software packages Java/JavaFX, C# and WPF/UWP or another desktop environment.
- Developing analysis tools in other “standard” or “bespoke” environments.
- Have experience in machine learning or autonomous systems.
- An ability to form and influence analysis approaches with clients; background experience in one of our core markets would be desirable but not essential:
- Defence/infrastructure, the analysis or the prediction of structural performance.
- Nuclear energy, covering the current fleet, new build and fuel lifecycle
- Energy and national infrastructure; analysing and optimising these systems.
- Experience in team leadership or product ownership, driving the development lifecycle; they typically work in an agile environment.
- Collaborate or engage heavily with clients, you should be able to iterate, report and present your work to and with stakeholders.
- Competitive salary of between £30K – £50K depending on skills and experience
- 25 days + 8 days bank holiday
- An annual bonus of 8/10%
- Health scheme
- Ongoing career progression
If you believe you have the aforementioned skills and experience, please contact Clare on 07799 886594 or email email@example.com to prompt a call back.