Software Applications Consultant
£30000 - £50000 Per Annum
My client is a nationwide leading technical engineering consultancy and are currently looking for an Application Software Engineer to join either the Burton or Dorking based team.
In their key markets they are responsible challenging app development work that is generally in applied engineering problems however public and private cloud deployment, is also an area they are increasingly pursuing.
Duties will include:
- Developing tools which their clients use to undertake data management and analysis. Examples of this could typically be developing a micro services-based system to analyse nuclear physics systems or tools to support the renewables industry to support system modelling.
- You will work alongside various subject matter experts and be responsible for creating applications and transforming experts’ ideas, analysis and approaches into deployed software systems.
- The majority of your time will be spent defining and deploying specialist tools either in small teams or on your own however will also need to be able to step up and work alongside clients when required.
- You will have responsibility to help and even lead the development of various challenging software issues in business-critical conditions
- Be able to adapt to client operating environments.
Previous experience may include:
- Developing user facing apps using web/distributed technologies, they could be anything from a client-side Java/Typescript app, ASP .Net driven web app to a backend running on an HPC system.
- Working with, or better implementing, CI/CD pipelines. The more DevOps knowledge you have the better; if you are a master of Jenkins or can leverage Ansible/k8s/Docker then this would be great.
- Some knowledge of software development & maintenance lifecycles, agile would be best however waterfall and semi-agile approaches are also used.
- A broader experience or skills in product ownership, test planning, SCRUM leadership.
- Ideally you will have some architectural exposure, and be able to develop file, API and database schemes from the ground up.
- Maintaining and creating new client relationships.
- Competitive salary of between £30K – £50K depending on skills and experience
- 25 days + 8 days bank holiday
- An annual bonus of 8/10%
- Health scheme
- Ongoing career progression
If you believe you have the aforementioned skills and experience, please contact Clare Goldfing at Project Start Recruitment on 07799 886594 or email@example.com to prompt a call back.