Established in 1982 and with 40 years of experience, our M&E building services client has built an unrivalled reputation for delivering a professional, reliable and friendly service to property owners and large commercial clients across Wiltshire and the surrounding counties.
Due to their success, they are now recruiting for a Test and Inspection Electrician to join the team.
The main objective of the role is to provide full visual inspections, and EICR reports on any LV installations across sites in their portfolio and remedial works to follow.
Key Responsibilities include (not limited too):
- Carry out inspection and testing on customer’s electrical installations (EICR’S) including Emergency Lighting testing and remedial repairs as required
- Complete all relevant reports and certification associated with your inspection and testing
- Ensure all reports and certification are completed and submitted on time
- Diagnose and repair electrical issues in commercial and domestic electrical systems, including fault finding and rewiring
- Assess the materials and hours required to carry out repairs and feed back reports to the office
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial, industrial, agricultural and domestic electrical systems and ensure installations are to manufacturer’s standards
- Ensure good quality workmanship, which upholds Company standards, complies with building codes and follows safety requirements
- Work alone to find and present faults and concerns in electrical systems without receiving explicit direction
- Provide exceptional customer service and answer customer queries
- Install electrical systems to current BS7671 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- Provide professional assessments and advice for customers
- Scheduled on the on-call rota, to attend sites and provide emergency electrical support
- Any other electrical duties outside of core working hours, as requested by the Manager
The successful candidate will have / hold the following:
- City and Guilds NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Electrical Installations
- City and Guilds 2391 or equivalent Electrical Inspections and Testing
- Sound knowledge of EICR reports and able to produce them in a clear and concise way
- Be self sufficient and able to work on an independent basis
- Above average customer service skills, with a definitive focus on customer satisfaction.
In return, they are offering a competitive package of up to £40K plus travel time paid after half hour, .
Please apply with a copy of your current CV to prompt a call back or contact Ed on 07592 912021/ email@example.com to prompt a call back.