Our client has been providing buildings support to local authorities, social landlords, NHS trusts and private sector clients for over 40 years. Founded in 1979, we have a proven track record of delivering successful mechanical, electrical and security services and solutions to our commercial and domestic clients, with whom we have developed longstanding partnerships.
They are now in need of an experienced Electrical Testing Engineer to cover West London and surrounding areas.
The successful Engineer will be responsible for carrying out reactive and responsive repairs and project & upgrade electrical installations ensuring that all works are carried out in accordance with the IET Regulations, ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’ To carry out Electrical Installation Testing to Domestic and Commercial Properties to Industry Standard.
To assist with our out of hours emergency delivery of the contract on a standby callout rota basis.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- EICR Inspections and Reporting via Electronic devices.
- EICR Inspections on domestic and commercial installations
- Carry out Domestic & Commercial Electrical Installations
- Fault Diagnostics and Repairs.
- Thermal Image Surveying
- Carrying out responsive, reactive and emergency electrical repairs when needed.
- Working and assisting on small project and installation works when needed.
- To ensure that all aspects of electrical works including test and inspections compliance checks are carried out in accordance with current British Standards
- To report on a daily basis to supervisor/manager on the status of all works within the Department and advise in good time, problems of time-scale or resources.
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have good practical skills and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to follow technical drawings, building plans and wiring diagrams
- Have the ability to work carefully, methodically and safely
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Have experience of EICR inspections
- Have experience of electrical fault diagnostics and installation works
- Have Knowledge of IEE Regulations
- Be recognised and trained to work with vulnerable persons
- Have asbestos awareness
- Have knowledge of the risk assessment process
- Be able to work as part of a team and individually Have the ability to be flexible and adaptable as required
Essential Qualifications/ Skills:
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in electrotechnical installations
- City and guilds 2394 or equivalent – Initial verification and certification
- City and Guilds 2395 or equivalent – Periodic inspection and testing
- Full UK Driving licence
- 18th Edition qualified
If you are looking for a new challenge and the next step in your career, in addition to working for an exciting organisation then we are keen to hear from you.
In return our client is offering a salary of £40-42,500K (depending on experience) + company vehicle, mobile phone + excellent company benefits including staff discounts, pension scheme and loyalty scheme!
Please apply with your current CV email email@example.com or call Ed on 07592 912021 to discuss further.