An expanding client based in Bolton are looking for a Workshop Supervisor to join the team. The work carried out is extremely highly regulated so previous experience working on MOD/highly regulated projects is essential.
- Ensure all welding operations carried out under their control are executed in a manner which meets the requirements of the customer.
- Understand technical drawings and plans in order to complete the project to the customer’s specification.
- When necessary, liaise with the customer in a professional manner
- Ensure that the Factory Control Processes are kept to at all times during manufacture, production and the day to day running of the workshop.
- Ensure that quality control and assurance are maintained and conform to the correct standards.
- Ensure selection, suitability and control of materials and welding consumables
- Ensure that timesheets and all paperwork are kept up to date and submitted to the office
- Ensure conformity to the day to day health and safety of the workshop.
- Ability to manage time – keep within the allocated hours assigned to jobs.
- Understanding and knowledge of welding procedures
- Strong welding/fabrication background
- AWE/MOD experience
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Strong quality background
- Excellent basic wage of between £40K – £43K DOE
- Company benefits
- 37 hour working week between Monday – Thursday
For more information on this position, please contact Dan @ Project Start Recruitment on 07498 889444 or apply with your CV to prompt a call back